返回列表 回復 發帖

[轉貼] Winning Resume for Dream Job

[轉貼] Winning Resume for Dream Job

Winning Resume for Dream Job
Most of us will need to write resumes in some point, but how to write a winning one that will not only get you an interview, but a job offer?

As I am recruiting for my company, I have seen many different types of resumes. There are great resumes and average ones. As a recruiter, the first contact point with a potential candidate, so a well written resume is not only important in getting an interview, but it will greatly affect your chance of getting the job.

Let me give you two examples of resumes. First candidate A, who was an university graduate with only 1-year of experience, which seemed to be a pretty light for the position she was applying for. However, she was smart enough to position her extra-curriculum activities as leadership experience, and she was able to articulate the results that she was able to achieve. That really won some credits for her. It turned out, we hired her.

Second candidate B, who was also a university graduate with 5-year of experience, which should be sufficient for the position he is applying for. However, it was very difficult to find out what she had accomplished in in her resume, all she put into her resume was "help my boss to do task A, B & C...". It turned out, even with signficant experience for the position, she didn't even get an interview.

What does two examples tell us? A well-written, articulated resume with solid demonstrations of results and accomplishment, will get you not only an interview but also a decent job offer.

So the next question is? What are the difference between a great and an average resume?
返回列表