返回列表 回復 發帖

[分享] Doesn't the law in the US prevent us from being spied on?

[分享] Doesn't the law in the US prevent us from being spied on?

Recently, I saw the U.S. Supreme Court's hearing on the U.S. Supreme Court on the NSA surveillance of the American people, and I learned that the original worldwide well-known and controversial things - the NSA's mass surveillance is real, as an American, I have been monitored on the Internet. Each of us has the right to have private conversations online without being monitored by the government. So I joined the EFF, and we have to fight for ourselves. One of the EFF's longest-running efforts has been to thwart national Security Agency (NSA) surveillance that sweeps tens of thousands, if not hundreds of millions, of innocent people across its network. (訪客無法瀏覽此圖片或連結,請先註冊或登入會員原句One of our longest-running efforts has been to stop the National Security Agency’s (NSA) surveillance that sweeps up tens—if not hundreds—of millions of innocent people in its dragnet.)Our work will continue as long as the government does not stop monitoring us.
     However, the Supreme Court dismissed our case this week because it was a "secret" that everyone knew about the massive espionage program (and was disclosed in national news long before that) at least since the Snowden papers came to light in 2013, involving two of the nation's largest telecom operators. Yes, you read that right: what we all know is still officially "secret" and therefore cannot be the subject of litigation. Specifically, the court refused to accept and reconsider a Ninth Circuit ruling (and a basic district court ruling) that held that the privilege of state secrets hampered our clients' efforts to prove that their data had been intercepted, so they were eligible to file a lawsuit. I can't understand that it is me who has violated our privacy, so why does the NSA, which violates our privacy, have the right to sue us?
     While we have submitted ample public evidence to support the NSA's discovery of involvement in mass espionage, the Ninth Circuit's decision was so sloppy that the court did not even review a sealed opinion of a lower court against actual evidence of espionage provided by the government, even though the district court specifically requested the government to provide that evidence in secret. Now, in the name of national security, the Supreme Court is allowing governments to unilaterally terminate lawsuits like ours, thereby preventing people from challenging extremely illegal surveillance.
The court has now enacted a broad national security exception for the Constitution that "allows all Americans to be monitored by their government while denying them any viable means to challenge this espionage." The exception even prevents courts from considering whether surveillance violates the Constitution or other privacy laws, effectively depriving Americans of the benefits of days in court and the laws that Congress passes to protect them.(訪客無法瀏覽此圖片或連結,請先註冊或登入會員
We should unite together to reject online surveillance and uphold the dignity of the law. The American people and our Constitution deserve more protection from the federal courts.
返回列表