返回列表 回復 發帖

Heaven or Hell?

Heaven or Hell?

(well, it is not a medical joke, but it is about miscommunication!) A software engineer met his end and found himself at the Pearly Gates. The Gatekeeper greeted him and tallied the score. "Your record is pretty good, Mr. Programmer. Your sins and your good deeds just about balance out. Tell you what - you may have your own choice of either Heaven or Hell." The engineer, weary of design tradeoffs and wary of uninformed decisions, asked for more details. "Sure," replied the Gatekeeper. Here is the elevator. You can ride up and see Heaven and down to see Hell. Take your time and make your choice. But choose wisely, there is no turning back!" So the engineer rode the elevator up and took a look at Heaven. He saw the angels playing on their harps and the beatific look on the faces of the faithful, blissfully flitting back and forth among the clouds. "Well, that looks about like what I expected," he said to himself. "Let's go take a look at the alternative." So he rode down the elevator to the floor labelled "HELL" and looked around there. To his delight he found sandy beaches, beautiful women, snow-capped mountains in the background, and parties going on all over. Returning to the Gates, he had no problem informing the Gatekeeper of his decision. "Heaven looks fine, but pretty boring to me. Hell is what I have always dreamed of! Let me in." The Gatekeeper handed him an entry pass and the engineer went back down the elevator to take his place in Hell. But to his surprise, the sun had gone out, the snow had melted and the parties were over. There was fire and brimstone, snakepits swarming with vipers, fiends torturing sinners, and devils tormenting babies. "Wait!" he cried as two monsters hauled him off to the chambers of eternal agony. "What happened to the beach parties, fun and sunshine I saw before?" "Oh," replied the Devil. "That was just the demo."

........ and the moral of the story is: with a good marketing department, you can sell anything.

DEMO版
Bill 剛剛在一場意外中喪生。他的靈魂來到聖彼得面前。
聖彼得把他上下打量了一番。「Bill,我很為難。你的微軟公司為人類科技帶來長足進步,但同時你也給了我們視窗九五。我想我還是讓你自己選擇要上天堂還是下地獄。」
「聽來合情合埋,」蓋茲答道,「我能不能先看看地獄是什麼樣子?」
「沒問題!」 聖彼得帶他來到一個陽光普照、風光明媚的海灘,
灘上美女如雲,美食成山,氣候宜人。
「如果地獄已經是這樣,」蓋茲驚呼,「我要看看天堂。」
於是聖彼得帶著Bill穿越層層疊疊的白雲,
但見手抱金色豎琴的天使在雲間穿梭,仙樂飄飄,一片祥和。
「恩!」蓋茲暗忖,「這也不錯,但我想比較喜歡地獄。」
兩星期後,聖彼得到地獄探望蓋茲,看到他被用鐵鍊拴在牆上,
腳下是噬人的烈焰,周圍站滿了手執各式刑具,疵牙咧嘴的魔鬼。