返回列表 回復 發帖

[分享] 5 Easy Steps to Get You in Writing

[分享] 5 Easy Steps to Get You in Writing

5 Easy Steps to Get You in Writing
本文章最後由 wilyuno 於 2009-9-17 18:06 編輯

For those of you English is not your first (or, mother) language, you may have the experience of trying to write something or anything in English but it ends up going nowhere, writing few words and then deleting them and then writing and deleting a few more times until you give up. Hard, isn't it?

Not necessary, my friend. To me, writing should be fun and easy at the very beginning. Don't worry about your grammar. Forget about the style, organiztion, tone, or any other techniques mentioned in textbooks. They are almost always the wrong advice for non-English speaking beginners because they kill your writing interrest faster than they build your confidence. To develop writing confidence, we must write for fun like a game. Here's how:

1. Read something short in English to get an idea about the artle first and then read it the second time to understand what it talks about.
2. Think in English what you remember from the reading, anything interesting, important or significant but don't read the text. Think hard if you have to and you don't need to memorize any detail.
3. Speak out loud what you remember several times. You'd better do this at home alone, or people might think you're crazy talking to yourself and lock you up.
4. Now write down what you remember in any form you want. Because it is a draft, you don't need to write in complete sentences. Just focus on putting down what you remember in words.
5. After you have written down everything you think important, go back to the sentences and begin to correct your sentences to the best you can.

As you can see, the above steps invovle almost all areas of English skills -- reading, speaking, thinking, and writing (you could try listening if you wish) -- and that makes English writing a bit different and a bit easier. You'd be amazed at your writing for expression skills if you stick to the practice.

Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Chi
返回列表